Sunday 6 January 2013

IIT girls refuse job offers from companies in the capital

After Delhi rape case girls are not ready to accept job offers in the capital despite knowing that they will not be allowed to sit for other companies interviews on the campus after doing so.


Saloni Gautam, a fourth year BTech student at IIT Guwahati has refused a package of 7.5 lakh per annum from a Delhi-based company at campus placements, despite knowing that she will not be allowed to sit for interviews for other companies on the campus for doing so.
Aditi Mantri, another BTech 4th year student at IIT Bombay shares, “I have been placed with a company for a package of `10 lakh per annum, and will probably have to join in either Delhi or Mumbai. I hail from Chhatisgarh, so Delhi is closer to home, but I had made it clear it to the company representatives during the interview itself that I will prefer joining in Mumbai.”
Parents are also not allowing their daughters to join for a company job in Delhi. Radhika Goel, a student of BTech 4th year at IIT Bombay. “I never thought I would refuse a job offer after excelling in an interview. The company was placing me in Delhi with a package of `6 lakh per annum. When I told my dad about my placement, he straightway asked me to turn it down. And I couldn’t contradict his decision knowing how unsafe Delhi has become for girls. So now, either I will appear for other interviews or go for off-campus placement,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment