Saturday 13 April 2013

Tolani Maritime Institute, TMISAT Complete details

Tolani Maritime Institute, TMISAT Complete details

  • I am appearing for BITSAT, do I still have to fill the TMI form?
  • Yes.
  • I am appearing in BITSAT. Do I have to appear in TMISAT also?
  • The choice is yours. If you are appearing in BITSAT as well as TMISAT, better of the two scores will be considered. If you do not appear in TMISAT, the BITSAT score will be considered on producing the score card.
  • What is the syllabus for TMISAT?
  • The test is based on 11th and 12th CBSE standard Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics syllabus plus English grammar, vocabulary and Logical & Analytical reasoning. As this is online objective type test, there are no previous year question banks available.
  • How many questions are there in the test?
  • There are 100 questions altogether.
  • Is there any negative marking?
  • There is a section with negative marking in Physics and Maths. In other subjects, there is no negative marking. Detailed briefing is given at the centre before start of the test.
  • What is the duration of TMISAT?
  • The test is of 2 hrs. duration.
  • What is the difference between the online test conducted in April and in June?
  • There is no difference in the tests. Merit list is common.
  • Can I appear in TMISAT in April as well as in June?
  • No. You can appear in the test only once in a year.
  • When are TMISAT results declared?
  • Marks scored in the test are seen immediately on the screen after completing the test.
  • When are the interviews conducted?
  • Normally, interviews are conducted on the same day as that of TMISAT and at the centre itself.
  • Are CET / IIT JEE marks considered for admission?
  • No.
  • Do I have to appear in IIT exam for admission in TMI?
  • No. You have to appear in TMI entrance test or BITSAT.
  • I have secured less than 60% marks in PCM, but aggregate is more than 60%. Am I eliglible for admission?
  • No. The eligibility is at least 60% in PCM group.
  • I have completed B.Sc. degree. Am I eligible for admission to B.S. M.E. or B.S.N.T.?
  • You will be eligible for application in either of the programmes if you are less than 21 years on 1st Sept. of the year of admission and you have secured at least 60% marks in PCM group in 10+2 exam.
  • I have completed Diploma in Engg., can I apply for the courses in TMI?
  • No. The admissions are based only on 10+2 marks.
  • I have completed one year of the BSME/BSNT course in some other Institute. Can I get admission in the second year at TMI?
  • No. University rules do not permit this.
  • Does the Institute conduct GME course?
  • No.
  • Is there any management / NRI quota?
  • No.

No comments:

Post a Comment