Monday 8 July 2013

IIT JEE ranker Nikhil Chaturvedi loves to write poems

It was the simple mantra of regular and focussed studies that helped Delhi boy Nikhil Chaturvedi to reach the number four spot in the all-India IIT JEE (Main) results. Chaturvedi, who plans to study Computer Science at IIT-Delhi, says that his elder sister has been his source of inspiration.

“My sister Nupur has been a topper all throughout her life. I grew up admiring her hard work and consistency. When she topped the CBSE some years ago, I promised myself that I will follow in her footsteps,” Chaturvedi, who scored 98.8 % in CBSE Class XII results, told dna.

Born in a family of high achievers, Chaturvedi says, “There was no pressure from my family and teachers. They always encouraged me to learn and not only cram. I told myself every day that I have to achieve good results to keep up with my sisters,” said Chaturvedi who loves to write poetry.

As a Science student, Chaturvedi said he never really had the time to read much of literature but he always made sure to take continue writing poetry. “I have been writing poetry since class VIII. I love the way words form an expression in a poem. I have not read a lot of books but I have continued to write poems,” he said.

Talking about his future, the student of St Columba’s said “I want to pursue PhD and so that I can do something for the betterment of our society. The results for IIT (Main) were announced on Wednesday.


Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/academy/1857380/report-iit-jee-ranker-loves-to-write-poems

No comments:

Post a Comment