Karnataka CET 2013 Supplementary Option Entry: Click here to enter the options
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling Procedure details the counselling modalities for admissions to the engineering courses at the UG level in the state of Karnataka. Students will have to visit the help line centres for document verification as per the given schedules. Students must familiarize themselves with the Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling Procedure - the choice filling, locking etc to avoid missing out on a preferred seat. The Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling Procedure has been briefly summarised below for the ease of the students.
- Registration of a candidate.
- Document Verification, interactive session for choice filling and User ID and Password assignment.
- Choice filling.
- Seat Allotment.
- Downloading the Allotment Details.
- Fee Remittance and Admission Order Collection.
- Report/Admission to College.
KCET 2013 Counselling Procedure In detail:
- The KCET 2013 Counselling process had started after the results were declared. The detailed date wise and rank wise schedule for Candidate Registration are displayed on the website.
- Accordingly, every KCET 2013 qualified candidate who has been allotted a rank in KCET 2013 will visit the nearest Helpline Center as per the schedule.
- Every Candidate must register their KCET number in computer followed by verification of documents at the Document Verification Counter
- All the original documents will be returned to the candidate after verification
- Only one set of Attested Photocopies will be retained for further usage
- Candidates at this stage will be assigned a verification slip and an acknowledgement card, to be preserved carefully till the KCET 2013 Counselling process is completed.
- At the interactive session which is next, the candidates will be provided information regarding the choice filling, fee payment, seat allotment and college reporting thus easing the counselling process.
2. Document Verification: Click here for the list of the 13 Helpline Centres
- The Document Verification schedule of KCET 2013 Counselling will be publicized in all leading newspapers as well as on http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- KCET 2013 Counselling Procedure does not allow for individual intimation of counselling schedules. Hence candidates are advised to regularly check for the latest information.
- The candidates are required to bring the original documents as mentioned in the information Brochure for eligibility and reservation proof and the ones mentioned for Govt. Colleges KCET 2013 Counselling.
- At the end of the Document Verification Process is completed, every candidate will be allocated a high security Password and User ID for usage in KCET 2013 Counselling.
- Students must remember to take the Verification Slip and the Unique Keyword (consisting of 8 alpha numeric characters printed on the Verification Slip to be used for Option Entry Login)
- If however, a candidate forgets the password at any later stages, he/she will be given directions at the same time for setting a new password.
- An interaction session for KCET 2013 Counselling will be held at all the Helpline Centers to brief the students about the remaining stages of counselling namely, fee payment, choice filling, seat allotment procedure and reporting at college.
Documents needed during Counselling:
- KCET 2013’ Admission Ticket
- SSLC/Class X Marks sheet
- 2nd PUC/ Class XII Marks sheet
- Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI
- TWO recent passport size photographs
The following documents should be produced, “ONLY if applicable”:
- Income Certificate obtained from concerned Tahasildar to claim “Supernumerary Quota” seats.
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO for candidates claiming Kannada Medium reservation benefits.
- Rural Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO
- A verification certificate (only for GM candidates).
- Caste Certificate / Caste Income Certificate / Income Certificate obtained from the concerned Tahasildar for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits.
- Parent’s study certificate / Parent’s Hometown certificate /Parent’s Domicile certificate / Parent’s Employment certificate / Parent’s Cumulative Record/ Parent’s Marks Card, etc., for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the domicile / study / employment of the parent.
- Duly sworn in Affidavit of the candidate claiming eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses.
- IDENTITY CARD issued by the Jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner / District Magistrate, for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants quota.
Guidelines for students for choice filling: Students must consider the following factors before choice filling
- The KCET 2013 Rank
- Choice of stream (options for the Medical/ISMH/Engineering/Architecture OR Medical OR Engineering etc
- Entry Ranks and Cutoff from the Previous years
- The Seat Matrix announced and available on the website and the help centres
- Category if applicable
- Eligibility for allotment under the Supernumerary Quota for engineering seats
- College and facilities like faculty, results of the previous years, infrastructure, placements, hostel.
- Students must remember to visit the AICTE and the MCI / DCI Website to check the college details
3. Choice Filling:
- After the receipt of seat matrix from Govt., the colleges wise, category wise and course wise seat matrix will be uploaded to the website. This matrix will also be made available at all the Helpline Centers. Click here for the Seat Matrix
- Only candidates, who are eligible after the Document Verification, will be considered for choice filling.
- To log in students must enter their KCET 2013 Application Number and the Unique Keyword printed in the Verification Slip.
- Students are advised to change their password once they log in to prevent misuse.
- Candidate can enter all the choices of courses (if eligible) and for all the courses in one step.
- A start and finish date will be mentioned for ONLINE Choice filling
- The seat allotment for the next candidate will begin only after all the options filled by the previous candidate are exhausted for the search of availability of a seat.
- The order of the choices can be modified as and how the candidates want with no restriction.
- The choices will be locked on the last day to be considered for the seat allotment phase of KCET 2013 Counselling Process.
4. Seat Allotment:
- KCET 2013 Counselling seat allotment starts from the seat allocation to Differently Abled Persons, then NCC and then Sports category as per the Govt. Seat Allocation Matrix.
- A separate Seat Matrix released by Govt. for the special category candidates allows filling their choices as per guidelines.
Downloading the Allotment Details:
- The final list of KCET 2013 admission round will be uploaded to the website after the seat allotment process is completed on June 25, 2013
- The candidate will have three options:
- Candidates who are satisfied with the allotment of seats to them, should download the allotted details from the Helplines centres, pay the admission fees and report to the college at the prescribed date & time
- Candidates who are satisfied with the allocation of seat, but would like to take part in the subsequent KCET 2013 Counselling round, should put on the current admission in hold. In case a fresh option is available, the earlier one would be cancelled and vice versa.
- Candidates who are not satisfied by the current allocation, can fill the fresh choices, and wait for the result of next round allocation.
4. Payment of fees and Admission Order Receipt:
- Candidates who are satisfied with the seat allocation in KCET 2013 Counselling must pay the prescribed fee online
- Click here for the precribed fee details college wise
- KEA Account Number 6125538727(other banks)
- KEA Account Number 6121857884 (through Indian Bank Branches) of Indian Bank, Malleswaram, Bangalore,
- Account No. 6142463758 ED/KEA Collection Account (RTGS / NEFT Account), Indian Bank, Malleshwaram Branch, through NEFT / RTGS through any other Core Bank.
- Bangalore IFSC Code IDIB000M010
- Once payment is made, the Unique Transactions Reference (UTR) number will be passed onto KEA enabling the printing of the KCET 2013 Admission order after an hour
- The student must note down the UTR Number and record the same on his / her Web Portal.
- Challan payments can be made across the counter in any Indian Bank
- CET Admission Ticket Number should be recorded in the narration column of the Remitter Branch Challan
- The Admission Order can be downloaded 24 hours after the payment is made
- Student wishing to confirm their seats as allotted must download the Admission Order and print it after the payment of fees is completed.
- The allotted college authorities will verify the details mentioned on the Admission Order.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling Important Dates:
Verification of documents for the special category such as Sports, NCC and Physically Disabled
June 3 & 4, 2013
Verification of documents at helpline centres
June 5 to 23, 2013
College wise, course wise and category wise display of seat matrix
June 12, 2013
Real Options entry for admission round
upto 11 pm of July 7, 2013
Mock allotment on real data
June 25, 2013
Publication of Real Allotment (First Round) on the KEA website
July 10, 2013
Payment of Fees/Reporting to colleges/Informing KEA online
July 15, 2013 by 5 pm
Display of Vacant Seats (Cancelled/Not Reported/Additional Seat Matrix)
July 17, 2013 after 11 am
Second Round Option Entry EXTENDED
July 17, 2013 (1 pm) to July 30, 2013 till 10 pm
Second Round Seat Allotment
to be intimated
Payment of Fees/Reporting to colleges/Informing KEA online (Second Round)
to be intimated